Teeth Whitening in Easton, PA
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. A brighter, whiter smile can help you feel more confident in social and professional situations. Teeth whitening is a simple, non-invasive cosmetic dental procedure used to change the color of your teeth.
At Tencza & Pugliese Dental, we offer both in-office and take-home teeth whitening options. Contact us to schedule an appointment today and find out which is right for you.
Professional Teeth Whitening Options in Easton, PA
In-Office Whitening Treatments
The most popular method to achieve a brighter smile is through teeth whitening in our office. Our team will place a protective gel on your gums and soft tissues and then carefully apply a bleaching gel to your teeth. We will then use a specialized light to accelerate the process. In just one visit, you can achieve your desired level of whiteness.
Home Teeth Whitening System
If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home on your own time, we can provide you with a complete at-home teeth whitening system. This system includes custom trays and high-strength whitening gel. With just a few quick treatments, you will see dramatic results.
Causes of Stained Teeth
Teeth can become stained or discolored for a variety of reasons, ranging from simple everyday habits to more serious health conditions. Some common causes of teeth stains include:
- Certain foods and drinks: Coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables can contribute to staining.
- Tobacco use: Smoking or using other tobacco products can also lead to tooth stains.
- Age: As you age, the outer layer of your teeth (the enamel) begins to wear away, revealing the inner layer of your teeth (the dentin). The dentin is yellow in color, which can make it appear like you have yellow teeth.
- Certain medical conditions: Conditions such as osteoporosis and diabetes can cause changes in the structure of your teeth, making them more susceptible to getting discolored.
- Poor oral hygiene: If you do not brush and floss regularly, plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth, causing them to become stained.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Are there any side effects of professional whitening treatments?
The only side effect of having your teeth whitened by a professional is temporary tooth sensitivity. Most patients report that this usually goes away within a day or two after the treatment.
How long does the whitening procedure take?
The whitening treatment done in-office takes about an hour to complete. The at-home whitening system can be done in just a few short treatments, depending on how often you use it.
How long will my results last?
Teeth whitening results are not permanent. However, they will usually last for at least a year with proper care. You can help prolong your results by avoiding foods and beverages that can cause staining and practicing good oral hygiene.
What are the benefits of in-office whitening treatments over whitening strips?
In-office teeth whitening offers several benefits over whitening strips. They are more effective, and they also produce better results in a shorter amount of time. In addition, in-office treatments are much more comfortable than strips, which can often irritate the gums.
Contact Tencza & Pugliese Dental to Whiten Your Smile!
If you are interested in professional teeth whitening in Easton, PA, please get in touch with Tencza & Pugliese Dental today. We would be happy to answer any of your cosmetic dentistry questions or schedule a consultation with you. We look forward to helping you feel confident in your smile again!