Dental Cleanings in Easton, PA
Dental cleanings are essential for keeping your smile healthy. Our dentist in Easton, PA, offers professional dentistry services for maintaining good oral hygiene. Our experienced staff will make sure you feel comfortable and have a great experience.
Schedule your teeth cleaning appointment with our office staff today to keep your new smile bright and looking its best.
What is included in a professional dental exam?
Teeth cleanings are quick and painless, and most people only need to have them done once or twice a year. However, people with some medical conditions will need to have them more often.
Here is what you can expect during your routine cleaning appointment at our practice:
- First, your dentist will do a dental exam to identify potential problems.
- You may receive digital x-rays to detect potential issues under the surface.
- Next, a dental hygienist will begin to remove plaque and tartar from the surface of your teeth.
- Then they will polish your teeth.
- Next, the hygienist will floss your teeth.
- Finally, our dentist will provide you with oral hygiene education and suggest necessary treatments.
Oral Health Benefits of Teeth Cleanings
There are many benefits for patients to keep up with their routine tooth cleanings.
These benefits include:
Professional cleanings allow your dentist to remove the sticky film of bacteria that forms on teeth, known as plaque. Plaque is a major cause of cavities, so you can help keep your teeth cavity-free by removing it regularly. Professional cleanings are also an opportunity to look at your teeth and gums to find any areas that may be prone to cavity formation.
Overall Improved Oral Health
In addition to improving oral health, professional cleanings have improved overall health. Studies have linked poor oral health to various chronic diseases, including heart disease and diabetes. As a result, regular dental cleanings can help reduce the risk of developing these conditions.
Early Detection of Dental Problems
Regular professional dental cleanings are a vital part of oral care. They help to remove plaque and tartar, but they also give your dentist a chance to check for any signs of dental problems such as gum disease or oral cancer.
Early detection is crucial for dental care, as we can quickly treat many problems if they are caught early. However, if they are allowed to progress, they can become much more severe and require costly procedures.
At-Home Dental Care Tips
While regular teeth cleanings by a dentist are essential for maintaining a healthy smile, you can do several things at home to keep your teeth healthy and clean.
Here are a few things that you can do at home to keep your teeth and gums healthy:
- Brush your teeth twice daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride. Fluoride helps to prevent tooth decay by strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to help remove plaque buildup and freshen your breath.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and bacteria from between the teeth and along the gumline.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary snacks and drinks.
- Visit your dentist regularly for checkups and thorough teeth cleanings.
Contact Us for Dental Services in Easton, PA
Our entire staff is proud to offer affordable and quality dental care to current and new patients in Easton, PA. Our office has various dental treatments for the whole family, such as teeth cleanings, root canal therapy, dentures, teeth whitening, etc.
If you are a patient who needs a professional cleaning or any other dentistry service in Easton, PA, please contact our office today to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists. Our team looks forward to helping you maintain a beautiful smile.