Partial or Full Dentures in Easton, PA
If you are missing one or more teeth, dentures may be the right solution. Partial dentures can replace one or more teeth, while full dentures can replace a whole row. In addition, dentures can improve your appearance and help you eat and speak more comfortably.
At Tencza & Pugliese Dental, we will work with you to find the best solution for your needs.
Comparing Partial and Full Dentures
Partial and complete dentures are two standard dental prosthetics used to replace lost teeth. Partial dentures are suggested when some natural teeth remain, while full dentures are used when all teeth are missing or require removal. Both partial and full dentures can be taken out for cleaning and sleeping.
Partial dentures are ideal for patients with one or multiple missing teeth but still have some existing teeth remaining in their lower or upper jaw. Partial dentures have one or more prosthetic teeth attached and are placed with denture adhesive to the adjacent teeth. Partial dentures can be made of a metal framework or acrylic, and they can be removable or fixed. As a result, partial dentures are less costly and require less time to make and fit.
Full dentures are used when all teeth in a row are missing. Full dentures are made from artificial teeth set in pink plastic covering gums. Complete dentures can be removable or fixed, and they can be made of different materials.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures can be used to replace any combination of missing teeth, and they offer several benefits, including:
- A well-fitting denture will improve the appearance of your smile, giving you a natural-looking smile.
- They help support the lips and cheeks, making a person appear younger and have fuller facial muscles.
- Wearing dentures can help restore the function of your teeth. As a result, they can help you eat and speak more comfortably. In addition, they can give you back your confidence when talking and chewing.
- Dentures can make you feel better about yourself, giving you a boost to your self-confidence.
- They can prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place and prevent gaps from developing.
Will my dentures look like my natural teeth?
Both dentures are made in a dental lab to look like natural teeth, and they are custom-fit to each individual. Dentures are usually created using acrylic or porcelain, and they rest on the gums and blend seamlessly to appear like your natural teeth.
Are dentures or dental implants more expensive?
Dentures are a more popular choice for patients looking for replacement teeth, as they tend to be more affordable than implants. Partials start at around $300, while a complete denture starts at about $1,000. On the other hand, implants typically begin at approximately $3,000.
How do I care for my dentures?
No matter what type of dentures you have, here are a few tips the American Dental Association recommends for keeping your dentures in good condition.
- Brush your dentures daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush, using mild dish soap or denture cleanser. Avoid using toothpaste, as it can be abrasive and damage the dentures.
- Soak your dentures in water or a denture-soaking solution overnight to keep them from drying out and becoming brittle.
- See your dentist for checkups and cleanings and have your new dentures examined for any damage or wear.
Contact Us to Replace Missing Teeth
If you are missing teeth and would like to learn more about dentures and how they can benefit your oral health, contact Tencza & Pugliese Dental today. We offer partial and complete dentures, and we will work with you to find the best solution for your needs while providing exceptional service. Call our office at 610-258-4101 to schedule an appointment.