Cosmetic & Aesthetic Dentistry
Our smiles are often one of the first things people notice about us, so it’s no surprise that many of us want to keep our teeth looking their best. Cosmetic dental treatments can help to brighten stained or discolored teeth, repair cracks or fractures, fill gaps, correct overcrowding, reshape and replace teeth, or replace old metallic restorations, such as fillings and crowns.
At Tencza & Pugliese Dental, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to help you get the smile of your dreams. If you are looking for teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or other treatments to improve your smile, Dr. Tencza and Dr. Pugliese can help. So give Tencza & Pugliese Dental a call to schedule a consultation today.
Cosmetic Dental Procedures at Tencza Family Dental
A dental crown is an artificial cap placed to restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of stained, broken, crooked, or misaligned teeth.
Dental crowns can be used to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking, or hold together a cracked tooth
- Restore cracked teeth or teeth that have been worn down
- Support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t much natural tooth left
- Work alongside dental implants to hold a dental bridge or partial dentures in place
- Cover misshapen, discolored, or crooked teeth
- Make a cosmetic modification
We use high-quality porcelain to make our crowns because it best resembles natural teeth. These can be custom-made for each tooth to blend seamlessly with your smile’s natural color and shape. Porcelain is also a strong material that can withstand the force of biting and chewing over time.
Dental veneers are thin pieces of artificial material customized to cover the front of your teeth. They can be made of either porcelain or composite resin, and they are bonded to the natural teeth using a strong adhesive.
Veneers are an excellent way to improve the appearance of your smile because they can be used to:
- Whiten teeth that are stained or discolored
- Close gaps to fix missing teeth
- Repair chips, cracks, or fractures
- Alter the shape or length of teeth
Our veneers are made from a porcelain material that is matched to the natural color of your teeth and shaped to blend with your existing teeth or to the shape you prefer. This means you get a custom-crafted smile designed to look natural, beautiful, and just like you imagined.
A dental filling is a material used to restore a tooth that has been damaged by tooth decay or injury. The most common type of filling is made from a composite resin material, a mixture of plastic and glass. Composite fillings are matched to the color of your natural teeth and can be used in both front and back teeth.
Compared to traditional silver fillings, composite fillings:
- Are less visible and more aesthetically pleasing
- Can be used in small or difficult-to-see areas
- Bond to the tooth structure, which helps to support the damaged tooth
We use composite fillings at Tencza & Pugliese Dental because they provide our patients with a more aesthetic option that still offers all the benefits of a traditional filling.
When a tooth fractures, it’s often difficult to place a traditional filling because the tooth may not have enough support. We may recommend an onlay. It is a custom-made piece covering the entire tooth surface and is bonded in place.
Onlays are made from either gold or porcelain, and they offer several benefits:
- Aesthetically pleasing: they can be matched to the color of your natural teeth
- Solid and durable: they will last for many years with proper care
- Preserve more of the natural tooth structure
We may recommend an onlay if you have a large cavity or a cracked tooth. Onlays are also a good option for teeth with a previous filling fail.
One of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures is teeth whitening. Over time, teeth can become stained or discolored from food, drink, tobacco use, or simply the aging process. Teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to brighten your smile and restore confidence.
While there are numerous over-the-counter products to choose from these days, it’s essential to consider the benefits of professional whitening treatment:
- Customized system: We offer in-house and at-home whitening treatments to fit your needs. In-office treatments can be completed in about an hour, or we can create a custom-fit tray for you to take home. This cosmetic procedure can be customized to fix mild to severely discolored teeth in just one sitting!
- Controlled gel formulas: Our whitening formula is of the highest quality and created to give you safe and controlled results for your teeth and gum line.
- Sensitivity management: Sensitivity is normal for whitening treatments, but don’t worry, this is only temporary! We provide strategies for you to use and customize the product and method to give you a comfortable whitening experience.
- Long-term results: While buying whitening strips from the store may seem like a cost-effective option, in the beginning, doing this over a long period of time adds up. A professional in-office treatment provides instant results that can last up to a year, and our at-home option can give you years of gratification if you continue using the custom trays and gel refills!
Cosmetic Dentist in Easton, PA
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile or want to discuss your oral health, our team at Tencza & Pugliese Dental in Easton, PA, wants to help! We offer a wide range of treatments, so we’re guaranteed to have a cosmetic dentistry procedure to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. So give us a call today or schedule an appointment online.